Founder of #Empowering.Team and Main Author
Thomas van der Burg
Thomas is a leader in a global pharmaceutical company. He works as Head of Operational Excellence in a Medical Device Development Unit. Acting as a change agent he is driving a continuous and sustainable improvement culture:
- Set-up transformational small-to-large interventions for Organizational Effectiveness.
- Helping Senior Management to identify and prioritize improvement focus areas while future proofing existing processes, identifying optimization potential, and enable new ways of working in Medical Device Development.
- Engaging in defining the future strategic direction for continuous improvement and performance in creative/development environment to reduce overall development cycle times.
- Identify business needs and enable translation into useful solutions with high impact.
- Aim for incremental and tangible results and act for change in mindset and culture to think in patient-centric solutions and adapting agile structures that value speed and fast learning.
- Coach and mentor in Lean and Agile Hardware Development, Agile Leadership Principles, Agile Tools and Methods.
Thomas has several years of experience in classical Waterfall-like project execution, as well as in agile Hardware Development, agile Portfolio Management using Kanban and leading Change and Agile Transformation in conservative and highly regulated environment.
- Enterprise Kanban Coach (EKC)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Certified Agile Leadership (CAL)
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP)
- Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT)